Wednesday 20 April 2016

Angels...

I spent most of today with my sister, Heather, visiting our mum and having a spot of lunch together. I also borrowed Heather's camera so I could grab a couple of photos of some things I've been working on this week. 
The completed piece is an 8" x 8" canvas which I created using DecoArt products...Media Misters spritzed over the gessoed and crackle pasted canvas and Media Fluid Acrylics used to add patterns and to paint the Angel. I used Glamour Dust on the wings...has to be done!

The second photo shows a 7" x 5" canvas which I'm still working on. As you can see, I've drawn and cut out the figures and am in the process of painting them.


 
What I do is to draw around the cut shape onto the canvas so that I can leave that area relatively free from texture. Once the canvas and the figures are painted I apply the cut out to the relevent space and add some shading around it to make it look part of the canvas. A couple of coats of DecoArt varnish (which finish I use depends on the look I want) seals everything nicely.

Two posts in one day....think I need a lie down now!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing what you have been working on recently Lindsay. Good to see your work and also work in progress, all looking super as always xx

    ReplyDelete